Friday, September 6, 2013

Strawberry Picker by Monika Feth


 I ordered this book because I read a review that touted it as Dexter for teens, and I can't tell you how many teens come into the library asking for suspense and horror books.  Unfortunately, I'd have to disagree.  The book alternates between the viewpoints of the killer and his victims, but it doesn't leave you rooting for the killer.  This guy doesn't kill bad guys, but unsuspecting women.  The reader, or at least I, felt absolutely no empathy for this guy. 
  I decided that if the book turned out to be good I would order it for the library, since no library in the Delaware system owned it.  I think I'll pass.  Our collection dollars could be spent in wiser ways within the same genre.  Oh well, no harm in trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment